10th World Congress on Art Deco®
Play Hello Montreal! the theme song of the Congress.[audio:HelloMontreal.mp3]
Highlights of Montreal Art Deco Week/10th World Congress on Art Deco
- Pre Congress – Thursday May 21 through Saturday May 23, 2009 Toronto. Pre Congress Hotel: The Fairmont Royal York
- Registration – May 24 at the conference hotel, Loews Hotel Vogue. All tours will be leaving from the Vogue. Book early to assure accomodation there.
- Gala Opening Reception and Dinner at the Montreal City Hall where Mayor Tremblay proclaims Art Deco Week
- Three mornings of outstanding lectures on Art Deco at McGill University’s Moyse Hall
- Visits to remarkable Art Deco buildings in Rosemount, including Dom Bellot inspired churches and the Saint Joseph Oratory, the Botanical Gardens, the University of Montreal, Little Italy
- Old Montreal, Stop at Old Courthouse by Ernest Cormier, Aldred Building Lobby Tour, Atwater Market, Saint Henri area
- Downtown Deco, See Eaton’s 9th Floor, and Art Deco Houses rarely seen
- Special exhibits prepared for the congress: Visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) and the Blackader Lauterman Collection, McLennan Library Building, McGill University
- Evening Event at the Lion d’Or
- Day bus trip to the capital of Canada, Ottawa – Friday, May 29. We will stop at the Canadian Museum of Civilization, from which there is a stunning view Ottawa. High-light visits will be at the Supreme Court House, the out-standing Art Deco banks and the Art Deco French Embassy. We will be greeted at the National Gallery of Canada for lunch and a special tour. Dinner will be at famous Fairmont le Château Montebello, the world famous log castle, built in the 1930s on the shore of the Ottawa River half way between Montreal and Ottawa. After dinner we return by bus to Montreal.
- Post Congress day trip returning to Montreal – Sunday May 31, 2009 Eastern Townships
- Post Congress – Monday June 1 through Tuesday June 2, 2009 Quebec City. Post Congress Hotel: Hôtel Clarendon