Casa d’Italia – Tour of New Additions and Renovations
Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 6 p.m.
Pasquale L. Iacobacci, project director of Casa d’Italia, has invited Art Déco Montréal for a tour of the addition to and renovations of the late Art Deco, 1936, Casa d’Italia, by Patsy Colangelo.
- Tour of restored structure highlighting restored art deco details and structural changes
- New terrazzo floor with imbedded poem of the immigrant traveler
- 16 restored Guido Nincheri stained glass windows in Hall of Celebrations
- Conceptual “maquette” of future stained glass windows in the rotunda of the ecomuseum
- Original new found mosaic and art-deco terrazzo basement floors hidden under old carpets
- The marriage of old and new
- The new vocation of the Casa d’Italia
- Other surprises…
505 Jean Talon Street East (corner of Lajeunesse) Metro Jean Talon
All are Welcome. Members $5, Non-members $10.
Membership form: http://artdecomontreal.com
Information: E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: 514-931-9325
Following the lecture and tour you are invited to join us for dinner at Piccola Italia, an Italian Restaurant that is a member of Casa d’Italia and has supported the fundraising rebuilding efforts of this place of memory for the Italian community.
For your reservation at Piccola Italia, 6701, boul. St Laurent (corner St-Zotique), at 7:30 p.m. call 514-270-6701. Menu
Mention that you are with Art Déco Montréal.
Come join Art Déco Montréal for an engaging discussion of one of Canada’s most interesting Art Deco buildings.